Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Pug Zits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pug Zits

Post  amandajoulie on 8/3/2011, 12:15 am

I know that with how much pugs lick, that they develop zits. We have taken away anything plastic, and try to stop him when he goes off licking radom things, but Gizmo keeps getting all of these zits all of the time. Is there anything else I can do to prevent this? And is there anything I can do to treat them?

Mandy

amandajoulie

Number of posts: 52

Back to top Go down

Re: Pug Zits

Post  Aussie Witch on 8/3/2011, 2:02 am

Plastic dishes was going to be my response, but I see you've taken care of that. Might be worth a vet visit.

Aussie Witch

Number of posts: 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug on 8/3/2011, 10:46 am

Make sure you wipe his face off after meals for sure, just with a face cloth and then dry well. You can also use a sensitive skin astringent on the zits as well. I've also used tea tree oil dabbed on to problem spots.

MandyPug

Number of posts: 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid on 8/3/2011, 1:33 pm

I do a lot of face wiping and treat with Malaseb wipes when they get a red spot.

Not Afraid

Number of posts: 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 on 8/3/2011, 2:30 pm

There could be an underlying infection that antibiotics would help. Never had a pug with a zit. My Bullmastiff used to get them, but he grew out of it.

TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts: 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs on 8/3/2011, 6:37 pm

When my last pug had a bout of acne, I found that keeping her stuffed toys really really really clean helped clear it up -- I dumped those suckers in the washing machine a couple times a week. She was toy crazy.

SacramentoPugs

Number of posts: 1428

Back to top Go down

Pug zits ?

Post  Jessica.Waldher on 8/18/2011, 11:30 am

Not sure if this is what my pug has... Does anyone have a picture of their dog with this? Poor Abby is coverd in red bumps and she itches them until she bleeds. Ive tried giving her a bath with and with out soap, benadryl pills, washing beds and toys, and cleaning her face. She is starting to loose her fur. I plan on taking her to the vet but wanted to get more oppinions.

Thanks,

Jessica.Waldher

Number of posts: 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy on 8/18/2011, 11:59 am

I would take a pug to the vet if the spots look angry and sore,or ooze or bleed whether on their own or because of the dog scratching them.

If the spots just come and go and are not bad our vet advised wiping the face after mealtimes with cooled boiled water with salt added.

Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts: 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy on 8/18/2011, 12:01 pm

Snifter has a zit in this pic, just on his top lip under his left nostril.

Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts: 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica.Waldher on 8/18/2011, 12:36 pm

Well thats not What Abby has. Your little guy is soo cute.

Jessica.Waldher

Number of posts: 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on 8/18/2011, 12:55 pm

Jessica.Waldher wrote:Well thats not What Abby has. Your little guy is soo cute.

What it sounds like from your description is that Abby has allergies and/or hotspots. I think a trip to the vet is in order and some research on allergies.

Renee

Number of posts: 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie on 8/18/2011, 3:33 pm

I cannot believe how big Snifter is. What happened to that cute little pug puppy? :-D He's all grown up and dressed up for a date.

puglouie

Number of posts: 618

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt on 8/19/2011, 3:05 pm

Snifter&Toddy wrote:

Snifter has a zit in this pic, just on his top lip under his left nostril.

Oh, I heart Snifter!

Pugsaunt

Number of posts: 6877

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum